Thursday, November 11, 2010

getting settled...

According to my dear best friend and decorating confidant, I need to move in. My 117 sq. foot stark white box of a bedroom is bare, with the exception of one rather intriguing Billy's bookcase (stolen from my brother, in contrasting wood... I think it adds "character"... or so I tell myself) meant to show off my collection of design coffee table books and my favorite new "acquisition" ... a pair of patent leather Jimmy Choos. Yet without a tried and true system of organization, and a seamless way to display all of my favorite little treasures, the 4 shelves just look cluttered and messy. My artist's desk is slowly beginning to look accessible yet it's still a far cry from inviting ... and I find myself holed up in coffee shops and libraries blogging instead of in the privacy of my own room.

I adore sitting in public spaces, I do, but I don't think the reason I'm choosing to skip my bedroom is because of the overwhelming amount of inspiration at the Starbucks of Ann Arbor. I know that if I finally settled in, my room would seem less uninspired and constricting and actually be a good place to curl up with a cup of tea to troll the blogs and finally finish my new website.

So with this, I'm launch a campaign to move. I'm moving in. Finally. After 2.5 months in my stark, boring, and window-less cave, I'm going to initiate a face lift. Just in time for the cold months... so I never have to leave and I'm always just a few steps away from my dearest Jimmy Choos....

No comments: