Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

I just arrived back in Ann Arbor and already I feel sucked into the chaos of school. But my mom put it best when she said "Caroline, we need to at least LOOK pulled together... even if we're feeling a bit scattered inside!" There's no doubt that the last few weeks have been stressful and at times overwhelming, and the impending doom of finals is starting to loom large.... yet there's something about the holiday season that really puts it all in perspective.

The Christmas lights are up, Starbucks has holiday cups, and my Kate Spade scarlet bow flats are seasonally appropriate (I would argue... always appropriate)
Finals are just tests... and papers... and in three weeks time they will all be behind me. And I will be relaxing on the beach in my Kenneth Cole monokini (hitting the gym for that one....), reading Portrait of a Lady and sketching out the spring collection for THE BEARON.

I'm so thankful for my amazing family and friends who need me grounded, but still keep encouraging me to slide into a pretty dress, smack on some red lip stick and take the world by storm.

I am thankful for...
my beautiful mum
my fantastic dad
my incredibly slick brother
my elegant and terribly cool friends
and for every opportunity I have had through THE BEARON
and through this entire crazy journey.

Onwards and upwards, with red lips (and red soles?) of course.

No comments: