Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

dark chocolate cupcakes with fresh raspberries


Something about being home has triggered my domestic nerve. Maybe it was the pure filth that was my New York apartment... or the fact that I never had time to cook, but now that I'm home, I just can't stop. Cupcakes, frostings, macaroons, and a pot of homemade mac and cheese later, I'm blaming my inspiration on the amazing, fresh ingredients that constantly turn up in my parents' refrigerator. This morning my mom's friend dropped off two dozen plums and three bags of grapes. WHO EATS 24 PLUMS???

My mom's response? "I think Ina makes a plum tart". And there we are.
Back to the Barefoot Contessa we go...

PS I attempted to make my own butter-cream frosting.
(I told you... really inspired).
HOWEVER Light salted butter is not the same as butter.
Don't be fooled.
It's only healthier because your frosting is ruined.
No frosting = Healthier. Lame.
Thanks Pillsbury Dough Boy for saving the day.

No comments: